Nettl of Rochester Web Law Boutique (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us (your “Information”).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is The Law Boutique Limited of 41 Maltby street, London, SE1 3FF.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Electra Japonas.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE USE?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.nettlofrochester.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It only includes basic personal data required for you to be able to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a service or product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards, enter a competition, promotion or survey, seek legal consultancy or make a legal query and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and information about your company. When you make a purchase directly through the site, you will need to provide your bank or PayPal details but these details will be processed through PayPal directly and none of the details you provide will be saved or processed by us.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or work with. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). We will notify you if we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to send you our newsletter, if you consent.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you about our services only;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHAT WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO DO WITH THE INFORMATION
At Nettl of Rochester we take your privacy seriously and will only use your Information as mentioned above.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
You acknowledge and agree that from time to time we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Microsoft Inc., for the storage of documents that include your personal data on One Drive;
- Rocket Science Group, LLC., for the of their service Mailchimp to send you our newsletter, if you consent;
- PayPal Services and its affiliates, including PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie S.C.A., to process any payments made through our site;
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Felix Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Law Boutique, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
All Information we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union.
For the purposes of sending you our newsletter, processing your payments and storing documents that include your Information, we use service providers that are based in and whose servers are also based in, the United States. We ensure that these service providers have mechanisms in place to ensure that your data is secure and that they adhere to the EU Commission’s standards for export of personal data to the United States.
No other third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
Once we have received your information, we have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
However and unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site at transmission stage; any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
The Information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
If at any point you wish to know which Information we are processing about you, or if you do not wish for us to process your Information anymore or if you believe the Information we process about you is incorrect or obsolete you can request to see this Information and/or have it corrected or deleted by us by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Information, please contact us at the email address above to have the matter investigated.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your Information not in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/